Tuesday, April 10, 2012

5000 views are just around the corner!


So.  On December 1, 2011 I started this blog, see.  I did it so that when I was asked if I was a twitter, I could say, “No, I’m a blogger” Since then, I’ve used it as a place to store and share a few of My Favorite Things.  I had no idea whether anyone who would ever see it, but when the views started piling up, I decided that if I could get 5,000 views in five months that would be very groovy.

Then I decided it would be even cooler if I could do it by never posting anything cute or dumb ‘cause I don’t do cute or dumb.  That meant foregoing anything to do with towering talents the stature of Fabian, Troy Donahue, Bobby Sherman, Peter Noone, David Cassidy, Leif Garrett, Debbie Gibson, Menudo, Britney Spears, Justin Beiber, Kardishy whats ’her name, or the Three Stooges.  (I admit to having one Davy Jones post, but that’s mitigated by the presence of Frank Zappa and a cow).

Oh sure, it took some nurturing and tending of the fields and grew in a direction I had not necessarily intended;  more music vids and fewer tales and rants, but the former are faster and easier to prepare than the latter, reading is passé anyway and I do have other games I would like to play before departing this sandbox.

Well, the views really started piling up when the Russians flooded the portals. (Psst! I know what they are looking for, but I can’t tell ya.)  

Boris and Natasha (that’s a hint) were followed by the Chinese, Brits, Germans, French, Aussies, Japanese, and Brazilians as well as Thais, Vietnamese, South Koreans (lifted the embargo in the furtherance of cultural understanding and world peace), Turks and Swedes. As of today, citizens of 62 countries have been lured hither some way or another and for reasons beyond my comprehension or interest. Hey, it’s only about the numbers to me.  

I do want to send a special shout, however, to those citizens of Bunei, Latvia and Gabon who caused me to invest in an Atlas.

This morning, I stand on the crest of the precipice.  Sometime today, a mere 4 ½ months after deciding to embark upon this sky lark, I will welcome my 5,000 visitor.  There are no plans to give away a free IPad, gym membership or a week in my parking space.  Rather, a quiet chuckle followed by a slow paddling away to some slipstream where butterflies and fireflies hover above should suffice.

Thanks to all for stopping by. Thanks to my new very bestest ever friends, The Left Banke for the Left Banke bump!  I’m counting on you. Liechtenstein!

Ps Rawanda wins!

No comments: