Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Introducing the next great film auteur!

A new and startling talent has emerged and is taking the NYC indie film scene by storm. Yes, it's true. In her first full length feature film, Shari Berman, writer, director and auteur of the smash dramedy, My Life As Abraham Lincoln, is wowing the critics. 
Winner Award of Excellence; Indie Fest 2012
Winner Audience Choice Art of Brooklyn 2012
"(A) confident, briskly paced film". -James T. Sheridan, Cinespect.
A jarring dark comedy…with inventiveness that’s hard not to admire.” – New York Magazine
"Dense and beautifully shot" Dustin Freeley, Online Film Critics Society
Oh yeah, Shari is not only a great talent but she also happens to be my cousin. I know what your thinking; I'm only posting this because we are related. No way, man! I'm doing it 'cause the movies a lotta fun and so that the next time she's casting, she'll give me a part! 
C'mon, Shari! I'll carry a spear! I'll be a tree, a potted plant - you name it. All I need is that one big break! Lemme ride your coat tails, will ya, please? Oh! And most of all, congratulations!
PS Screening at Cinema Village, NYC, September 28-October 11, 2012 
The trailer
Interview with the brains behind the scenes

1 comment:

Shari Berman said...

Thanks Harold...if I get funding for my next film...you can definitely live out your dream and be a tree. :-)
Sincerely, thanks for posting.
More news (and reviews - including links to reviews by The New York Times and Film Journal here):
www.sabermantoo.com/mlaal/news

Best,
Shari