Sunday, December 22, 2019

Classmate News Vol. 1, No. 1 December 5, 2013


Classmate News Vol. 1, No. 1 December 5, 2013


"This 06002 Classmate club has been far too underutilized and gloomy for my tastes. If we’re going to have a club called “Classmate News” we’re either going to use it to share our collective joys as well as our losses and not incidentally, our giggles, or I’m not playing anymore.

This is an open forum so feel free to share whatever you have in the way of news.
On with the news:
Classmate Stuart Applebaum is returning from championing the factory workers in Bangladesh. The bad news is that two bombs exploded outside his hotel. (Bomb throwers are such spoiled brats). The good news is they missed and because of the time difference between over there and back here, Stuart gets to celebrate his birthday for 33 hours. Happy Birthday to classmate Stuart!
Classmate Ellen Ingraham, who used to be Ellen Dworman, is celebrating her birthday. I think she’s 44 which is a neat trick considering she was in my class, I’m 48 and we were both in the class of ’70. Happy Birthday, Ellen.
Classmate Kevin North is passing along an interactive grammar quiz. Kevin scored a 94. Classmate Lea Chayes scored an 88 and thinks she flunked. If ain’t was in the dictionary and ain’t were a word, this world would be a better place and Lea wouldn’t have to go to summer school. Yes, I took it but since I reject the basic premise that there are rules to grammatical construction they do not apply to me and I ain’t goin’ to no summer school!
Classmate David Bodner is hunkering down in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma digging in for a snowstorm and unable to find a crust of bread. Where’s Michael Ansara when you need him?
After many years, Classmate Rick Diamond and family said good-bye to Maggie the Family Cat.
Classmate Anita Kingsley’s grandson celebrated his 8th birthday. It doesn’t get better than that.
Classmate Gary Kozak, The Most Devout of the Yankee fans, is selling his tickets for the upcoming season. Guess he knows what we know here in Boston about the Bronx Bingers – “next stop the basement!”
Classmate Harriet Rodgers Paine is filling the mind's eye with exquisite photos of wonder while fellow Classmate Abigail Kowaleski is sharing musical messages of peace and love.
Classmate Claudia Sklar’s son, Seth, is associate director of the Phantom of the Opera currently in performance at the Providence Art Center. File under: Mama’s gotta right to brag department.
Classmate Judy Klein Evans and Holly Ledbed are dispensing their customary messages of wit and wisdom. They’re so lucky.
Reminder: Classmate Bob Dubosar’s birthday is Monday.
Best wishes go out to Classmate Stephen Edward Janowetch, his family and especially, his Dad.
Duty calls and we have to stop somewhere but if you have something or someone on your mind, c’mon by and share the news.
And remember: nobody wins unless everybody wins.
Classmate News Vol. 1, No. 1 December 5, 2013
Comments

Harold Levine Oops! Nearly forgot. No day would be complete without a Michael Ansara moment. Here's to you, Broken Arrow!
Manage
4y

Jeffrey Jacobs I'd like to announce that I'm still alive, lucid, and on the pathway towards finally quitting smoking…this past monday I removed the ashtray from my shower.

Manage

4y

Harold Levine Atta Boy, Jeff. I knew you could up the giggle quotient around this place.
Manage

4y

Joan Perkell Zieky You forgot my birthday, as many others did, as it got buried in Birthdaythanksgivukkah. Not that I'm whining or anything but I did get the dreaded (when we were kids) "combo" present. It's good to be 16...I mean 61.

Manage

4y

Debbi Stroll Freedman You forgot Bruce Freedman's birthday, too! He was 61 on Tuesday. Also, we welcomed twin girls, Riley and Regan, in October. We are now the proud grandparents of eight (8) grandchildren!

Manage

4y

Harold Levine Joan! So sorry. I was on FB hiatus! Happiest of birthdays to you. (Can I have my cake now and eat it too?)
Manage

4y

Harold Levine I'm never going on FB hiatus again! I miss all the goodest things!

Manage

4y

Bruce Freedman YAY Debbi!
Manage

4y

No comments: