Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Father's Wish For His Children

"There are two things I would most like to do for my children. The first is to take away all their fears. The second is to give them all the courage they will ever need." - HL August 28, 2010




Update: The third thing that I wish for my children was that just once they played on the same team so I don't have to choose between my twin hearts. Yesterday, that dream came true. On the same night that AJ, Daddy's Big Boy, won the baseball coaches award for sportsmanship, skill and whatever else is good, The Little Urchin, Jack, was rewarded for his latest string of scoreless innings by being promoted to the varsity to play alongside his brother - who also happens to belong to me. Sometimes, it's all so right.




  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no clear distinction between poetry and baseball