Monday, December 5, 2011

He was a Man. Take him for all in all, I shall not look upon his like again

He was a man. Take him for all in all, I shall not look upon his like again.





He met my mother when he was 19 and she was 17. High school sweethearts, they married after the War, when he was 23, she was 21 and they remained devoted to one another for the rest of his life. They had twin babies a couple of years later and another daughter a year after that. With three children to provide for, he went to work every single day and came home to his wife and children every single night. He took care of each one of the family elders; parents, aunts and uncles, without fail or complaint. When they were gone and his children left home, he devoted his time to charities.  
When it was his time to depart, he was led to the edge of the night by his angelic daughters. He drew his last breath with his hand holding mine for which I remain eternally grateful.
He was a great man. He was my hero.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Father's Day, Uncle. I miss Poppy too.

Mike said...

Thanks for posting Harold. Happy father's day.